I have been practicing for over 25 years working in a variety of mental health agencies and have been in private practice since 2011. I am a true helper and healer who considers the work I offer a calling and an honor. I want my clients to feel heard, validated, informed, and complete. I understand we all come from life experiences where we had to adapt and thrive, and some of these experiences were painful. Together we will explore your strengths, the narratives that arose from a desire to thrive, and find pathways towards a healthy view of ourselves and others. Families can be a resource to understanding issues and in moving towards healthier and happier family system of support. All people are interconnected, and those connections are important to understanding who we are and how to move forward.
I work with the lifespan on issues related to anxiety and depression, life transitions, grief and loss, ADHD and behavioral concerns, and trauma.
Therapy may include the following practices:
- Child/Person Centered Therapy
- Somatic or Body Based Therapy
- Trauma Informed/Trauma Trained interventions
- Mindfulness Based Activities
- Motivational Interviewing
- Family Systems Coaching
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Sand Tray Therapy
- Internal Family Systems
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Expressive Therapy Activities such as Yoga, Qigong, Art