The following presentations are designed to offer in schools to promote mental health and wellbeing among teachers, students, and parents. Please call for scheduling and pricing.
Presentations for Parents:
- Walking a Thin Line: Communication with Your Teen. This presentation on the brain changes going on with teens and how they interpret their world, understanding teen behavior and development, as well as, tips for parents on navigating the tempestuous teen years.
- Stress and Anxiety in Children: Children who experience stress react and relate to their world differently. Stress can impact grades, social relationships, and self-esteem. This presentation covers how stress effects the body, triggers (or sources of stress) that promote the stress reaction, and how to combat stress in the family and with your child.
- Understanding Executive Functioning: Concepts and Tips to Help Your Child Navigate EF Deficits at Home and at School: Taking each cognitive function related to executive functioning and identifying problems and offering solutions for parents.
- Finding Calm: Provides a psychological and physical understanding of stress and anxiety, along with tips on how to create an atmosphere of relaxation at home so that children and parents can cope with the common stressors of our time
Professional Development for Teachers:
- Managing Stress 101: This 2-hour presentation offers teachers a series of information and activities, thought provoking discussions, and strategies that offer teachers an avenue to explore their sources of stress, identify their gifts and talents, and find ways to cope and celebrate the importance of their profession.
Presentations for Teens:
- Mindfulness Practice for Children and Teens: Vivian is certified in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction for Teens and leads groups on the advantages of mindfulness practices, along with mindfulness exercises that include, sensory awareness, breath awareness, and body scan.
- Creating and Finding Healthy Relationships: This one-hour slide show presentation and accompanying activities discuss various aspects of healthy relationships with others. Included are steps for improving self-esteem, when and where to ask for help. Statistics on abusive relationships and parental awareness facilitate discussion. This presentation is intended for students in grades 10 – 11 and is appropriate for a classroom or church youth group.
- Destructive Decisions Don’t Have to be Yours: This 45 minutes slide show touches on mental health issues related to teen development including; body image disorders, drinking and drug use, abusive/unhealthy relationships, and self-injurious behaviors. This is a psycho-educational presentation that provides awareness and support for all teens during a time in their life where information tends to be lacking in substance. Good for high school age groups.